Who is responsible for your personal data?
TOV «JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS UKRAINА» who’s principal Trostyanets, Sumy region, st. Nabereshna, 28A, 42600, Ukraine, is the legal entity ultimately responsible for all collection and all processing of your personal data in connection with the Jacobs® Branded Products.
JDE is committed to respecting and safeguarding your privacy and the security of your personal data you share with us.
Why do we collect your personal data?
When you choose to register or otherwise contact us, we will ask you for some personal data about you such as your name, address, country of residence, and e-mail address, as well as some optional information about your (use of) Jacobs® Branded Products. This information enables us to:
- communicate with you in a personal way, such as responding to your feedback or service requests, or, if you choose to receive such information, to inform you about Jacobs® Branded Products;
- administer and fulfill your purchases of Jacobs® Branded Products;
- administer your account for Jacobs®;
- administer your participation in any contests, promotions, surveys or website features;
- perform market research and improve our business;
- statistical purposes;
- to communicate future promotional and marketing information including direct marketing purposes;
- to deal with any enquiries or complaints;
- as otherwise stated at or about the time information is collected.
How we collect your personal data?
You can share your personal data with us in a number of ways, for instance by:
- registering your account;
- subscribing to our newsletter;
- communicating with our Consumer Care Center by e-mail, phone or in writing;
- registering your Jacobs® Branded Product (either online or by sending back the filled-in reply card that comes with the product);
- participating in a promotion, event, contest or online forum; or purchasing a Jacobs® Branded Product or service directly from this website;
- cookies placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit our websites.
How do we share or transfer your personal data?
You should be aware that the business units responsible for the sale and marketing of Jacobs® Branded Products are JDE companies around the world. As a consequence your personal data may be shared and/or transferred around the world.
Please note that some third countries do not provide for an adequate level of protection for your personal data. However, you can be assured that JDE will take appropriate safeguards to ensure the confidentiality and security of your data.
JDE may share your personal data also with third party service providers or agents to perform certain processing activities on behalf of JDE. Other than set out in this Policy, JDE will not sell, rent, lease, or provide your personal data to third parties allowing them to use your personal data for their own purposes. JDE requires these service providers to protect your personal data diligently.
JDE sometimes sells (part of) a business to another company. Where such business relates to Jacobs® Branded Products, such transfer of ownership may include the transfer of your personal data to the new owner.
We will otherwise only release your personal data if so required or authorized by law, where necessary for preventing or combating fraud, where necessary for dispute resolution, or for any other pressing legitimate need which under the circumstances must outweigh your privacy interests, such as the security of our business and the safety of our staff.
If you choose to register with Jacobs®, you authorize JDE and its agents to collect, store, use, disclose, and otherwise process your personal data in connection with the purposes as described above.
Registering with Jacobs®
We would like to send you information about Jacobs® Branded Products that may interest you by means of e.g. e-mail, post, or other communication channels, but we will only do so if you specifically consent to receive such communications from us.
Please be informed that your decision not to opt in now will not affect any communication preferences shared with us earlier when using different contact data or a different user account.
You will always have the opportunity to unsubscribe from any further communication from JDE with respect to Jacobs® Branded Products by using one of the following unsubscribe options:
- by clicking the unsubscribe option on the footer of the emails sent by Jacobs®;
- by accessing your profile online and changing your communication preferences.
Please note, if you have unsubscribed from any communications with respect to Jacobs® Branded Products, due to the processing time and production schedules, you may still receive communications already in production.
How do we protect your personal data?
JDE will take appropriate technical and organizational security measures against loss or unlawful processing of this data. This may include using secure registration forms, encryption of data, and restricting access to your personal data.
How long do we retain your personal data?
After you opt out or delete your account, your personal data will be deleted within a reasonable timeframe. We will only retain the personal data to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Cookies and website tracking
We strongly recommend that parents take an active role in supervising the online activity of their children under the age of sixteen. JDE generally does not intend to collect personal data from and/or generally does not intentionally communicate with children. However, in case we need to communicate with a child, we will endeavor to give the parents or legal guardians a reasonable opportunity to consent before we use the personal data of the child, except where we merely answer the child’s question or service the child’s request.
Questions and feedback
Please send us your questions and comments about privacy to [email protected].
Further, you can at all times request access to your personal data and request rectification and/or deletion of your data in case data is not correct or irrelevant for the mentioned purposes. For these purposes you can contact [email protected] and provide your name and address.